Friday 7 February 2014

Blogging = Jogging = Internet Dating = Working

"If you don't gosub a program loop you'll never get a sub-routine".

Howdy doodily doo.

The admirable Kryten probably didn't know quite how accurate the mechanoid erm, race, were with this saying. In sum, I suppose it translates as "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" and to take it further "It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees".

Ok. Enough of the Red Dwarf quotes (there are much better ones but these are currently apt).

I should probably give the synergies between them and then explain. Or not explain.

They are all visceral, soul destroying processes

They all provide a need to look at things a bit differently

They all require enough input to make it worthwhile

They are all areas I have l found recent comfort

They all make me ache the next day

Let me say Internet dating (or “dating” as its probably known these days) has been a massive confidence booster for me. A person who, at the moment, deserves to remain nameless (I owe it to her to preserve her confidentiality), has restored my confidence in the female-woman gender. 

Running has made me a stronger person (in many ways). 

Blogging has helped me formulate thoughts and words ‘n tha’ that probably makes me an insufferable person to talk to. I’ve enjoyed it so much I have started a sister-blog which is actually more of a forum. I’m not going to tell you about it yet. Need to wait a bit until I’m confident enough to show it to actual people I may know. It’s very popular, though.  Right now 96 views in less than 24 hours.

What I have learned over the last 6 months and few years is that it is never too late. Just get involved.

Would anyone like any toast?

No comments:

Post a Comment