Sunday 28 September 2014

Another year? Another sigh (a good sigh).

I'm another year older and suppose I should do a summary of my year.

Out of deference to Charlie Brooker's series' titles (Screenwipe, Gameswipe, Weeklywipe and Newswipe) I will call this:

Arsewipe.

This year has been the most up and down of all my years. I've hit the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Those that know me well will understand what I mean when I say low. Within the year I have both lost faith in people and regained that faith. In sum, I have consistently posted here and that has been a huge factor in my "rehabilitation".

So, relationships. Due to my physical follies of last and this year I have a bit more self-confidence. I've had a girlfriend who I fell for and who subsequently shut me down. Still don't get it but, then again, don't really think about it.

Continuing the physical nonsense I am signed up for a marathon in about a month. If I'm still posting on the 2nd of November then I'm still alive!!! Looking forward to it. Not the event but I really enjoy the training.

Within my last year I have taken my bro as a lodger. Further from that I've taken in a new, awesome bloke, Milo, He has taught me well in the ways of Zen!

In sum, ultimately I think I am happier and more content with life than I ever have been. I may not have fulfilled my dreams but I have worked out my place in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment