Saturday 31 August 2013

Its good to be back in the saddle. Did I say saddle? I meant harness

Although I have been active over the post-half week (swimming, bike and weights have been very prominent) last night was my first proper running type activity. A lovely game of 5-a-side in which a couple of defence-splitting passes meant I felt back to full fitness. It's strange. After only a relatively short period of full running training I have taken a necessary week off and really missed it. After 33 years of actively avoiding it it is a very strange feeling indeed!.

A proper run will be taken tomorrow. Not sure how long yet. If I can get 5 miles in followed by a swim I will be very happy

I had a genuine disappointment today. My favourite radio programme, Fighting Talk (anyone who likes sport, comedy panel shows, or both should check it out on Radio 5, Staurdays at 11:00) is now no longer hosted by Colin Murray! He has defected to Talksport! I am fully aware that none of you will have a clue what I'm talking about but still felt it was a point worth making.  

No comments:

Post a Comment