Sunday 3 November 2013

Colin. Colin. Colin. Colin. Colin. Colin. Colin. Colin.

The battle for the regular host spot on Fighting Talk heated up this week with heavyweight Jonathon Pearce (media stature, not physical appearance. Although also physical appearance) putting in another great shift.

Handsome welsh chap Matt Johnson has definitely put forth a very good case for himself. I was genuinely surprised. The draw of the youth audience may swing it in his favour. He is knowledgeable and witty. Handsomeness is less of a qualification on radio

Pearce, however, is pure class. Genuine wit, personal reference (and reverence) and a true love for sport (well, at least footer). He also has the necessary swagger (finally) to splice his guests in twain with a cutting remark (he constantly went on about Eni Aluko's shocking end of the season among other things).

A few points of note:

  • Eni Aluko's debut - excellent start. Proper sporting experience, confidence in front of the mic and she's studying Law. And I definitely would.


  • Martin Kelner's return - I noted him before and he has been in hospital with awful things. His blog can be found here and is completely the inspiration for my own (I am nowhere near). Kelner is now out of hospital and back on the radio. He is smaller but the wit is cannot be beaten 


  • Greg James - he seems to have been ovelooked during this FT season. He did a single appearence last season. I really liked it. Maybe he doesn't want it. I hope he hasn't been overlooked. 


  • Christian O'Connell - No. Never go back. Like any job. Or a girlfriend. Or some questionable cheese.

I say "never go back" but if the big CM walked back into my life today I would happily accept him.

It hurts me that Colin knows this.

No comments:

Post a Comment