Saturday 28 December 2013

Back to reality (For the cooler people; Ooh, there goes gravity).

A jog today told me, despite an absence from running (ankle is still not right) that my fitness is good. A genuine jog pace for 2.5k came in at 6 mins per k. Nothing special. It wasn't meant to be. But, if I did that pace for a half, I would be just tipping the 2 hour mark. This tells me two things. 1, if I can't do that pace for a half I should give up now, and 2, that being the case, I've taken about 20 mins off my time through mostly non-running, fitness and strength training.

I love that I can feel eyes glaze over.

So to the real, lazy-assed world of me. Spent much of the last couple of days playing 80's games, prompted by a bbc article. It's funny that the two games I have been most enamoured with are Gunsmoke and Temco American football. Neither have I played before. I'm rubbish. Gunsmoke - I'm just bad, TAF - actually one of the better thought out american football games. John Madden was ok on the MegaDrive but, if you get past the graphics and turn off  the sound it is an awesome.

In other, Twitter-based news, some of my comments have been "favourited" by famous people. Probably means nothing but I'm obscenely pleased.

BTW I've not received a "Cease and Desist" for my story so I will keep writing.    

Give it time.

No comments:

Post a Comment