Saturday 21 December 2013

Bah, humbug

What am I doing for christmas? Well, I'll probably go for a run, maybe read for a bit and watch a load of tv. At lunch I will happily have one of my awesome roast chicken dinners but sleep is definately my entree. Hooray for Vienetta!!!

My point is that a, I am not religious, b, xmas means nothing to me and I shouldn't be made to feel bad that that is the case and c, having proper downtime is the greatest gift anyone can give.

For many years I had to endure christmas as a time of catering needs; late, long working days and drunk idiots. Nowadays I find myself having time off. Accrued from the year, I take it now or I don't take it. Only a few days before I start my new job and I think I have managed to completely de-stress. Sweet.

Anyhoo, an ankle injury has recently stopped me running but the bike and a massive amount of weights have kept me going.I hurt more than when I started.I'm looking a little bit cut!

My goal is now official. 02/03/14. Reading Half Marathon. I CAN beat that time of 1:45. Although it seems a long way off right now



No comments:

Post a Comment