Sunday 1 December 2013

Whatever happened to John Leguizamo?

The Spurs match is over. A creditable 2-2 draw with the second Spurs goal scored my newest favourite player. The Beast. Sandro is an absolute animal and one of the three men automatically on my teamsheet.

I am into the second viewing of my weekend film double-header (I had a big week - I earned it). Superbad 2. World War Z could learn so much from it. It presents a world where what it suggests is possible. It is vivid and beautiful and the appearance of Turkleton was great. Actually, it doesn't suggest. It presents the world and tells the viewer to deal with it.

That is how it should be.

I am currently feeling a little bit wrong because I heard someone far too young use the word "fingerbang". Ex post facto South Park has a great deal to answer for. Nice. South Park encouraged me to learn latin. Education can be found anywhere.

Anyhoo, in short, Superbad 2 provides things you want from a film. Escape from reality, believable characters (within that context) and a bunch of Brits behind it. Matthew Vaughan has a distinguished, yet tainted, history. I love The Football Factory. I like The Business. I almost love L4yer Cake (I insist on putting the 4 in. I'm sure the initial plan was to call it 4 Layer Cake. Audiences are idiots)(BTW there actually were 4 layers to the story).

Big fan of Christopher Mintz-Platz - he should be an Oscar winner but probably won't (Oscar judges are prejudiced against funny people).

Superbad 2 has a story you want to listen to. World War Z does not. Maybe because I've heard it before. Many times. You have to establish a story before people can care about it.

And people will care about it

No comments:

Post a Comment