Wednesday 4 December 2013

I wanted to use a different title

Enough of this frivolity and back to business.

Running every day worked. I will not have a word said against it. Start small. Actually, smaller - you need to. the rewards you will get from simply being able to do some sort of run every day are immeasurable. The base I've put down has brought results I never thought possible (4 miles at 8 minute pace. GET IN).

Anyhoo, I've decided a change-up is necessary. I've had a think about motivation and, for me at least, it has become tough to motivate myself for small but varied workouts. I will happily do them IF I am doing them but its easier to shrug them off beforehand if the return is minimal (there is logic!). I never had a problem with the expanse of the half marathons. It is a reason I could complete them with, hrmmm, minimal training.

I want to bring this attitude into my training. IF I am doing it I WILL DO IT.

I will define my workouts by days. Something like (but not definitely) a morning of running, a morning of cycling, a morning of weights, a morning of consecutive aerobic workout sessions. Ultimately, if I want to run well, I need to put my body through torture in a different way that I will when I run!

The mindset is the easy bit. I can run and run and run. That should be a plus point.

In other news Michel Roux Jr has just done the greatest thing in history. He said the word "flavourful" (ITS NOT A WORD) then immediately replaced it with "flavorsome". Props due, Michel, props due (and not just because you were on Fighting Talk).  

ITS NOT A WORD

No comments:

Post a Comment