Monday 28 October 2013

Anatomy of a job interview

Things I probably shouldn’t have done in my interview:
  • ·         Entered to Ravel’s Bolero
  • ·         Immediately eaten all of the biscuits (there were 54)
  • ·         Answered questions with questions. “Why do you think you would be right for this role? “ “Why do YOU think I would be right for this role?”
  • ·         Picked up the interviewer on his grammar every time he used a preposition at the end of a sentence
  • ·         Given a detailed analysis of how beating a hooker in Grand Theft Auto demonstrates the difference between waterfall and agile methodologies (Venn diagrams were included)
  • ·         Asked the interviewer outside when I thought he said he did my mum (he actually asked what I did for fun)
  • ·         Used interpretive dance for three of my answers
  • ·         Recounted the story of how I lost my virginity without prompting
  • ·         Used my Admiral Akbar impression in lieu of any qualifications
  • ·         Spent the whole interview  trying to use the phrase “Banana Hammock” . And succeeding. Four times.



No comments:

Post a Comment