Sunday 27 October 2013

Personal Growth

Although my supermarket shopping trips do seem like a random meander between aisles there is a definite logic and hierarchy in play. The hierarchy is as follows:

  1. Bargains  
  2. Cakes
That's it.

So when I walk past a cake display and a pack of 5 (yes, count 'em, 5) doughnuts are reduced to 16p well, that is like catnip to my kind. 

This is what has just occurred and I consider it an unequivocal victory that I walked past without even a closer inspection (although I did do a double take and parting was such sweet sorrow that I had to wipe a tear away with a nearby croissant).   

Now I am not on any kind of diet but I am definitely more aware of the stuff that goes into my gob. Exercise makes me feel good -- proper food allows me to exercise. Simple. 

I'd really love a doughnut right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment